Monday, June 21, 2010

I MUST Graduate ON Time!

UP's Sablay

Yesterday, Ate Donna (YW 1st councilor) and I went to visit some of our young women. We updated them of the upcoming activities, and invited them to attend.

Before going home, we stopped by our bishop's house (Bishop Macabenta), and discussed with him the status of the Young Women Organization. Bishop asked me a lot of questions about the mining and metallurgical industry, because he is planning to go into that industry as a safety officer.

Then he asked me if I will be graduating on April 2011 na ba. I just did my usual answer (and most of my friends' answer too if you'd ask them the same question) of: showing my crossed fingers and a big smile. Then I added, "Hopefully." I expected them to laugh and tease me. But instead, both Ate Rhea (bishop's  loving wife) and Bishop gave me a "sermon".

"Sayang ang oras. Sayang ang panahon." He initially told me. Then added, "Yung isang sem na idadagdag mo pa, marami ka nang bagay ng magagawa nun. Tsaka dagdag pang pahirap. Mas ok na ipagsiksikan mo na lahat ng kaya mong kunin next sem, at least after nun tapos na ang paghihirap mo."

After hearing those words, I realized that he is right. Sayang talaga ang panahon. Marami na akong ibang bagay na magagawa pa.

From now on, when someone will ask me kung gagraduate na ba ako next sem, I'll proudly say, "Dapat!"

No comments:

Post a Comment