Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Myself or Others?

"masaklap yung feeling na wala kang friend. you're trying to approach others but it's them who's keeping their distance from you."

here's my only advice: 

"please don't think of yourself only, on how you look, on how popular you've become, and stuff. PLEASE, look around you. go out of your comfort zone and cheer up the lonely. talk with the deaf or even listen to the mute. at the end of the day, it's good to think that you made someone happy and feel special, even just for a while."

Sorry for the ka-emo-han. That was what I felt when I visited a certain place early this evening. I don't know if I look snobbish or an introvert. But I did my best to smile at people, even though they are strangers to me. Am I that so insensible that people can't feel my fear of being left alone?

I tried to follow Kuya Danel's advice to me: "Hazel. Make time for it pls. Follow the prophet. You will be a better student. Do yourself a favor and enroll," that's why I went to that place (aside from my main objective of asking for his help for a certain course which I have a difficulty these days). 

Entrance. I saw a lot of students. They look so happy, but not approachable. I showed a big smile, but no eye contact to anyone. Then I approached Kuya Danel. He was busy tutoring another student so he asked another girl to teach me. The "tutoring session" went fine, except for some sign convention mistakes. Slowly, 7pm came. Classes will start soon. I don't know which class I will attend. I know some people there but they suddenly disappeared. I went to the CR. I looked at myself. "Poor Hazel." I just told  myself, looking at the girl in the relfection. I called a friend to remind her of a favor. I felt happy listening to a friend's voice, even for just a while. Then other girls, chatting as they came, entered the CR, I felt inapposite again. I fixed myself then headed to the main entrance. I went to the jeepney terminal and commuted back to my dormitory.

I don’t know if what I did was right. I don’t know if my feeling of being out of place is proper.

Was it my lack, or others insensitiveness? =(

No comments:

Post a Comment