Friday, July 30, 2010

Blessings Do Come Unexpected

Earlier this week (Tuesday, I think), I received an e-mail announcing the last day of registration for the Engineering Summit 2010. I browsed through the .jpg poster and learned that the registration fee is only 200php for Eng'g students from UP, and 500+php for those studying at other schools. I became interested in the said seminar when I've read that a talk on the "Engineering for the Environment" will be discussed.

I consulted the situation with Annie Rose, my super roommate and batchmate, and she became interested too. We agreed to register the next day. When Wednesday came, I've realized that I only have 400php left in my allowance. If I will register in the Eng'g Summit, I'll only have 200php to use till Saturday, which is 3 more days! But I really wanted to join.

On my way to the ESC office, I received the following text message from Kaye, a MMM representative:

          Hello Hazel! You are one of the recommended students for the Engineering Summit. I can't locate you in Engineering since last week, and I need to give you your invite. Can you please drop by the ESC office today?

Wow! I was so surprised. That big blessing really was unexpected. I also feel grateful that the department consider me as a potential student leader.☺

I can't wait till it's Saturday na.. Gusto ko nang makinig ng talk ng prominent and successful people from various Engineering industries.☺

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you're a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and
    will come back someday. I want to encourage continue your great work, have a
    nice holiday weekend!

    Also visit my blog post search engine optimization [seofornown4eva.com]

    ReplyDelete